POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Open water : Re: Open water Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open water
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 13 May 2005 08:43:42
Message: <4284a0fe@news.povray.org>
"Loki" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.428464889aadae669fbf00f0@news.povray.org...
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
> > Loki wrote:
> > > Just fiddling about with media-in-water to get a nice murky open sea kinda
> > > thing.  Suggestions for improvements? (Ignore the stand-in geometry of
> > > course, it's the water you're looking at - I know the checkered plane
isn't
> > > all that realistic... ;) )
> >
> > You're too modest.  It is one of the most realistic checker planes I've
> > seen yet.
>
> He he, cheers Jim, one doesn't like to blow one's own trumpet. ;)
>
> And thanks everyone - it's interesting someone said it looked like ice; I
> thought it looked kinda solid too, but I can't think of a way to correct
> that really.  Perhaps it would look better in context because, as was
> mentioned, the scale of it looks off in this image.  I'll keep playing with
> it.

I think what makes it look like ice is the fact that it looks like (or is?) a
flat surface.
As you said, the scale looks off.  Other than that, it really looks very good!

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1