POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP : Re: WIP Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: WIP
From: Alain
Date: 12 May 2005 19:23:22
Message: <4283e56a$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Hails nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-05-11 23:05:
> Hi, back to basics.
>
> Lathes and procedural textures/materials
>
> 1. I have no idea yet how to mould a handle and a spout
> onto the teapot, but I hope I'll figure something out.
You can try: sphere_sweep, spline + blob, isosurface, torus.

> 4. I realise the bubble in the tea looks fake, I'll work more
> on that.
The buble should protude a little bit in the meniscus, ie. push the near part a small
bit upward.
You may need to use a blob or an isosurface for the whole thea.

> My big question is, I'd like to get some turbulence and
> variation in the colour of the tea, especially around the
> tea leaves, due to convection, but again I'm at a loss.
Using some media will enable to modulate the density around the leaves. You can then
add some
turbulence to that variable density. That combined with fade_color fade_distance can
get prety
realistic.

> I'd appreciate any helpful criticisms, I can post source
> for the textures if anyone's interested.

Alain