POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Open water : Re: Open water Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Open water
From: scott
Date: 12 May 2005 17:57:46
Message: <4283d15a$1@news.povray.org>
"Vincent LE CHEVALIER" <gal### [at] libertysurffr> wrote in
message news:4283ced3$1@news.povray.org
> Loki wrote:
>> Just fiddling about with media-in-water to get a nice murky open
>> sea kinda thing.  Suggestions for improvements? (Ignore the
>> stand-in geometry of course, it's the water you're looking at - I
>> know the checkered plane isn't all that realistic... ;) )

>> -

> Maybe it's just me but when I looked at the image whithout reading
> your explanation, I first thought "wow, cool ice !"... Well nice
> texture anyway ;-)
> Perhaps if you make it a little more brownish...

Yes, I think it is too opaque for water.  Or maybe it's just because the
scale is actually much bigger than it appears.  How big is it meant to be?
Are those cylinders meant to be bottles or oil rigs?