POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 11 May 2005 15:14:40
Message: <428259a0$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Also the first serious render i did on my new computer, less than two
>  days for ~7000x5000.

   I don't know what's more impressive, your lotw images or your patience
developing them...

> I am not yet satisfied with the background mountains (they don't seem
>  very realistic) so i consider changing them.

   As others pointed, the left mountains look too "heightfieldish". As
for the clouds, they seem perhaps a bit too soft, but are very credible
at first impression.

   BTW, your landscapes look a lot like south-east spain... I keep
thinking on Almeria every time I see any of them. :)

--
Jaime