POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass Rods (and photon problem?) : Re: Glass Rods (and photon problem?) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass Rods (and photon problem?)
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 10 May 2005 23:55:31
Message: <42818233@news.povray.org>
The light going through the prism should normaly
disperse (the glassy material is not perfectly straight,
there is a small warping in its normal, that should
accentuate the effect.)

The color seems to vary with the photon density.
At lower density, more color shows. But it's also
much granier.

--
Steven Pigeon, Ph. D.
ste### [at] videotronca
"dlm" <me### [at] addressinvalid> wrote in message
> Nice! What would be the source of the color then? Your light looks white
> or
> perhaps vaguely blue. The only time I've seen much color in prisms is when
> they are optically active and the light is polarized. Now make POV do
> that!
> :)
> DLM
>
> "Steven Pigeon" <pig### [at] iroumontrealca> wrote in message
>>
>> I have shot about 1Gb of photons, the shadows /
>> reflection seems very accurate, but despite dispersion
>> (and a rather dispersion_samples setting) the highlights
>> do not show color, except when pointing at the camera.
>> How so? ( I'm using 3.5 for windows... time to upgrade?)
>>
>>    interior
>>     {
>>      ior 2.0
>>      dispersion 1.15
>>      dispersion_samples 50
>>
>>      fade_distance 5.0
>>      fade_power 2.0
>>
>>      caustics 2
>>     }
>>

>> --
>> Steven Pigeon, Ph. D.
>> ste### [at] stevenpigeoncom
>> ste### [at] videotronca

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'InformationRods_13.jpg' (43 KB)

Preview of image 'InformationRods_13.jpg'
InformationRods_13.jpg