POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 May 2005 22:17:00
Message: <42816b1c@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> I hope you are aware that placement of bushes and grass is random - i
> merely select a version of randomness i find most appealing (you can of
> course argue that this is not so much different from actually placing
> things manually).

I wasn't totally sure.  Sometimes people combine random with a test
against a pigment pattern to exclude certain areas, or one can
manipulate the density or other aspects of the random placement in
general ways.  I think you use collision detection with your bushes do
you not?  So I was curious if the grass tufts were being placed with
some degree of control.  I knew any imposed control would be algorithmic
not manual of course ;)