POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 3D Go : Re: 3D Go Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:23:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D Go
From: Bill Hails
Date: 10 May 2005 19:42:42
Message: <428146f2@news.povray.org>
stm31415 wrote:

> Inpired by Sylvian's Goban, and by boredom, I made an SDL 3D Go game. It
> is playable, i.e. you can make a move, and any stones that are captured
> will be automagically removed, and you can save the game as a text file to
> send to your opponent. It is also size-customizable, i.e. 19x19x1, for a
> classic game, or 9x9x3, for a difficult 3D game, or 3x5x18 if you are
> feeling wierd, or 100x100x72, or whatever.
>
> I am pretty sure my stone-removing algorythm works, but if anyone wants to
> play around with it, I can post it on p.b.s-f.
>
> Might make for an interesting pov-pong match, if you had to play Go too,
> one move per ping, and keep going until the game is finished. On the other
> hand, it might start taking ridiculous time to render, too.  Any takers?
> ;)
>
> Here's a 9x9x3 board, with some simple shapes. The lower right is the
> smallest 2 eyed shape, the upper left is the 3D 'chunky five' equivalent
> (black's in trouble), and the upper right is 3D Ko.
>
> Playing (in general, but especially in 3D) makes my head hurt.
>
> -s
> 5TF!

Ever played 3-D noughts and crosses?, 4-D? 5-D? :-)
you just keep adding boards, like 3d is 3 x 3x3:

xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxx

4-D is 3 * 3 * 3*3

Oxx xXx xxx
xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxx

xxx xXx xxx
xxx xOx xxx
xxx xxx xxx

xxx xXx xxx
xxx xxx xxx
xxx xxx xxO

where O-O-O and X-X-X are both winning lines.

have fun.

--
Bill Hails
http://thyme.homelinux.net/