POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:20:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: James Buddenhagen
Date: 10 May 2005 14:56:25
Message: <428103d9@news.povray.org>
Wonderful picture!

Some comments:  The clouds are not a problem for me.  They would be unusual in
the desert
but often there are clouds in the desert, see photos taken in the southwest of
USA
I attached for comparison. The moutain on the far left doesn't seem realistic
to me, and seems a bit too faded out. (On the other hand, Shiprock New Mexico
looks a
bit like that mountain, and it doesn't look real when you see it in person!).
It
would be very unusual to see a clear water stream like that in the desert.  Much
more
likely: a dry stream-bed, or brown water, or turbulent water.  But you did such
a nice
job on that water I wouldn't change it. One other thing that bothers me a bit is
the
trees on the horizon on the mountains on the right.  They seem too numerous for
such
bare rocky mountains, and perhaps too big.

But don't change it too much.  In my opinion composition is just as important,
if not
more important, than realism.
--
Jim Buddenhagen

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'dscn7066.jpg' (27 KB) Download 'dscn6643.jpg' (22 KB) Download 'dscn7073.jpg' (26 KB)

Preview of image 'dscn7066.jpg'
dscn7066.jpg

Preview of image 'dscn6643.jpg'
dscn6643.jpg