POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : lotw improved [280k] : Re: lotw improved [280k] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lotw improved [280k]
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 10 May 2005 14:38:49
Message: <4280ffb9$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> Yet another rework of a LOTW scene.

Stunning.  Before you become too critical about the background
mountains, they remind me of Agathla Peak, back in my old stomping
grounds on the Navajo Nation:

http://www.lapahie.com/Pictures/Agathla_Peak_Fm_Church_Rock.jpg

I believe that the texture might be a bit different, since these are
eroded remnants of volcanoes (if I recall correctly), but the geometry
is similar.

Anyway, I should echo Jim Charter's comments, especially:

"I feel quite ridiculous making suggestions."

Fantastic, Christoph!

Dave Matthews