POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Is it just me.. : Re: Is it just me.. Server Time
17 May 2024 06:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it just me..
From: Derrick J Houy
Date: 10 May 2005 04:12:31
Message: <42806cef@news.povray.org>
> As for your image, Derrick, I thought it was a well-deserved 2nd. I'd rather
> see my image up in the Top 3, but who doesn't? :-)

Thanks Tim, coming from you, that means a lot to me--I am a great
admirer of your work (and love working with your macros).

I will admit that some submissions are disappointing, especially when
little or no effort is put into the description of the work done--leaves
nothing to really comment on. If a poor image has been the result of a
steep learning curve for a newbie, and they provide enough of a
description so that you can experience a little of their creative
journey; this is enough for me to pat them on the back and give them
marks for trying. When on the other hand, the description of the tools
used reads, "Wings3D and a brain", this I find to be totally out of the
spirit of the competition, and quite annoying.

Submissions should be done with one's best effort, and showing a sense
of pride and excellence in whatever has been created--which is what I
aspire to. Generalisations like, "...I have seen little truly deserving
of the top places.", is just plain upsetting.

But, enough said on the subject. Time to go put up a web site where I
can start sharing some of my work...