POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : RGB toros : Re: RGB toros Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RGB toros
From: Alain
Date: 9 May 2005 19:44:18
Message: <427ff5d2@news.povray.org>
B. Gimeno nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-05-08 17:44:
> Hi:
>
> Lately I have been losing the time exploring the possibilities of povray's
> SDL around the variations of three linked rings. I'll love to know if
> someone could improve the aquatic texture for this blue ring or anything
> else.  Thanks to loki for its wonderful burning texture.
> More RGB rings at http://usuarios.lycos.es/game2413 - > Galeria - >
> Mathematical - > TOROSRGB
> (voluntary contributions to this theme also are VERY WELL received)
> -source code of this image is in p.b.s-f.-

As the blue ring is suposed to be water, it should be transparent, have an ior
(optionaly some
dispersion), and the colour been from fade_color fade_distance. Try using variable
reflection with
fresnel. I'd laso use conserve_energy in the finish block.

Alain