POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another one... : Re: Another one... Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:29:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another one...
From: Slime
Date: 9 May 2005 18:27:54
Message: <427fe3ea$1@news.povray.org>
> I'd like to render this at 1600x1200 for a wallpaper... but I'm a media
> newbie, and was wondering how I could get rid of the artifacts? Any help
> would be appreciated. [Nice work, by the way, Loki!]

The simplest approach is to add the "samples" keyword inside the "media"
block. Start with "samples 10" or so, and then raise the number until the
artifacts disappear.

Other values that can be tweaked are aa_depth and aa_threshold, which you
can look up in the documentation.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]