POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lamp shade (~33 KB) : Re: Lamp shade (~33 KB) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lamp shade (~33 KB)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 8 May 2005 09:52:26
Message: <427e199a@news.povray.org>
Emerald Orchid wrote:
> Just a little something I'm working on...
>
> How do I make it so that the room is lit up in the yellowish glow
> filtering through the yellow lamp shade?

Radiosity.. but you'll need a really high count to get good results
since the shade is so small compared to the rest of the scene.

If you want to cheat, add a second light_source (dim yellow, natch) in
the same place as the first one, but use projected_though to make it
only shine through the lampshade.. at least, I think that'll work. I
expect you'll want to use the same area light settings as for your
primary light_source.

-Xplo