POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Excluding objects from radiosity? : Re: Excluding objects from radiosity? [JPG 800 x 600, 54343 bytes] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:22:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excluding objects from radiosity? [JPG 800 x 600, 54343 bytes]
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 7 May 2005 05:00:05
Message: <427c8395$1@news.povray.org>
> And another problem occured: the parts of the terrain shadowed by the
> clouds (right half of the horizon) are way too bright! They instead
> should appear at least as dark as the shadowed parts in the foreground,
> if not somewhat darker...

I don't see what you'e talking about. Underneath the clouds the terrain is
pretty dark. Maybe you misjudge the angle of the light and where the clouds'
shadows would fall?

As for why the clouds are that dark, I'm clueless. What you could try though
is to render the image in two passes: the first one saves the radiosity
using save_file and remove the clouds, the second pass will load the
radiosity and make use of the clouds. This might be a little tedious for the
animation though... Perhaps you should give scattering media a go?

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>