POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : user level installation problem : Re: user level installation problem Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:12:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: user level installation problem
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 6 May 2005 17:33:38
Message: <427be2b2@news.povray.org>
> Q: if I understand that right, does this doom installations to Knoppix
> persistent directories??

	Any user-level installation of the PC-Linux povray distro is possible
and works normally.  The only difference with a root install is that the system-
level povray.conf & povray.ini files will be ignored (since they cannot be
found where there are supposed to be); only the user-level files (placed in
$HOME/.povray/3.6) will be used.  In particular this means that I/O restriction
settings will only be activated through $HOME/.povray/3.6/povray.conf .

	- NC