POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Excluding objects from radiosity? : Re: Excluding objects from radiosity? [JPG 800 x 600, 54343 bytes] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:29:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Excluding objects from radiosity? [JPG 800 x 600, 54343 bytes]
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 6 May 2005 06:36:45
Message: <427b48bd@news.povray.org>
High!

Tim Nikias wrote:
> Eh, unless you use negative light somewhere, radiosity won't add darkness to
> objects...
No, there is no negative light in the scene, just one point_light
several million units away (note that the terrain is a mesh2 following
the curvature of Earth's surface!)

> Does this problem really *only* occur when switching radiosity on/off? You
> don't switch positions for the lights or such, perhaps causing shadows onto
> the clouds? Additionally, I'm not sure how radiosity works in conjunction
> with double_illuminate.

double_illuminate seems to work fine with radiosity (see attached
image), but I had to lower the gray value of the clouds' darkest part
(from 0.9 to 0.75), also the ambient from 0.15 to 0.05 to keep at least
a hint of structure with clouds - and still they appear too uniformly
bright.

And another problem occured: the parts of the terrain shadowed by the
clouds (right half of the horizon) are way too bright! They instead
should appear at least as dark as the shadowed parts in the foreground,
if not somewhat darker...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: 12 o'Clock (Vangelis)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '2005-05-06_sar-e_helmand_flyover_frame_take_2_(yadgar).jpg' (54 KB)

Preview of image '2005-05-06_sar-e_helmand_flyover_frame_take_2_(yadgar).jpg'
2005-05-06_sar-e_helmand_flyover_frame_take_2_(yadgar).jpg