POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 : Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:25:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3
From: Chris Cason
Date: 4 May 2005 15:56:56
Message: <42792908@news.povray.org>
The main leak you would have been seeing was (as you suspected), the code was
not freeing the image memory when it deleted the image object. This has been
fixed.

There will probably be numerous other leaks since we have transitioned to a
system where all POV objects are represented by C++ classes and allocated
with new instead of our old malloc-based system, which provided us the means
to track memory usage and find leaks.

Once the main rendering issues settle down we'll spend some time tracking
down any memory leaks that have been introduced due to these changes and fix
them (as well as adding the ability to track memory usage of native C++ objects).

-- Chris