POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 : Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3 Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Memory Leak in SSE2 b3
From: Nathan Shomber
Date: 4 May 2005 10:53:18
Message: <4278e1de$1@news.povray.org>
That is according to Task Manager.  (I know, not a reliable source.)  On
that same note however, the VM Size increases by 70MB per additional run.

I know that there is a leak because after 3-4 renders, my computer starts
using its swap file like crazy and nothing runs or refreshes very quickly,
whereas it does during the first few renders.

I have trimmed my code down to a (very) small sample scene that exhibits the
problem.  After each rendering pass POV-Ray consumes 10MB more VM space
according to Task Manager.  This is compared to 3.6.1a which even after 10
renders only uses a combined total of Mem and VM 10512K + 6224K = 16736K
(much less that 3.7 would be (10MB*10=100MB each for both Mem and VM)).

Sample Scene: ( just 2 comments)

//Begin Sample
//End Sample

-Nathan