POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Problems with scenes\lights\glassthing.pov (beta3) : Problems with scenes\lights\glassthing.pov (beta3) Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:44:56 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with scenes\lights\glassthing.pov (beta3)
From: Warp
Date: 2 May 2005 17:45:17
Message: <42769f6d@news.povray.org>
When I try to render scenes\lights\glassthing.pov, a black image
results.

  If I comment out the photons block then it renders something much
more resembling the result of pov3.6, but it's still problematic.

  Firstly, the shadow is completely black with 3.7beta3 even though
it's much lighter with 3.6.

  Secondly, the rendertime is obnoxiously longer. While pov3.6 renders
the image (at 512x256 without antialiasing) in about 3 seconds,
pov3.7beta3-sse2 renders it in 4 minutes 13 seconds. The rendering
gets stuck at a couple of places.

  Curiously, when it is stuck in those places it is very hard to
make povray stop. It will continue rendering for a quite long time
before it stops.

--
                                                          - Warp