POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : playing with sample code of Piqueres : Re: playing with sample code of Piqueres Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:24:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: playing with sample code of Piqueres
From: Shay
Date: 2 May 2005 12:12:22
Message: <42765166@news.povray.org>
James Buddenhagen wrote:
> <snip> All I did was supply image maps, play
> with parameters, and other tiny changes.

<soapbox>
It really bothers me that so many pictures here start with, of all
things, an Internet search. And not just for reference. For objects and
pictures to fill in a scene.

The near limitless possibilities of our blank "canvas" become restricted
to a very finite set when the success of a Google search determines the
direction of a scene.

Below is a small attachment. A little experimenting with POV-Ray
pigments. Not perfect, but I'm no geologist.
</soapbox>

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'stone.jpg' (80 KB)