POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Modified mannequin : Re: Modified mannequin Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:27:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Modified mannequin
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 2 May 2005 04:52:37
Message: <4275ea55@news.povray.org>
"Tim Cook" <z99### [at] bellsouthnet> schreef in bericht
> StephenS wrote:
> >>Don't remember where I got it,

> > Thomas de Groot posted a similar set, male/female; perhaps based on one
of
> > them. I also like to use figures to give sense of scale.
>
> The files I have that are full mannequins not made by me are:
> Full_IK_FemaleObj.mdl   38643 bytes
> Full_IK_MaleObj.mdl     16150 bytes
> man.mdl                  9005 bytes
>
> Used man.mdl, but looking at the others, they have some CSG bits that
> help distinguish front from back that I think I'll borrow.

Yep! The Full_IK ones are mine!  :-)

The IK part is perhaps not entirely perfect, but it works satisfactorily.

I also use them quite a lot for scale, but often also because I just like
that bit of surrealism in a scene. I have some only peopled by mannequins
and I think them almost more life-like than reality!!!  ;-)

Thomas