POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : any tips on optimising complex textures for speed? : Re: any tips on optimising complex textures for speed? Server Time
8 Aug 2024 20:28:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: any tips on optimising complex textures for speed?
From: Slime
Date: 1 May 2005 19:12:18
Message: <42756252$1@news.povray.org>
> The result's not that different, I guess I could live with it, but
> I'm still interested in any suggestions.

Radiosity normal calculation is slow. Maybe you can use a shadowless light
(maybe even in a light_group with the object that needs shadowed lighting)
instead?

Aside: considering how slow radiosity normal calculation is, it would be
nice if one could turn it on for an individul object and not the whole scene
at once.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]