POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Goban (WIP) : Re: Goban (WIP) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Goban (WIP)
From: Alain
Date: 29 Apr 2005 22:07:24
Message: <4272e85c$1@news.povray.org>
Sylvain nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-04-29 13:44:
> Thanks for the comments ! Here is a new version with an improved floor. I
> tried to add a couple of knots using warp { black_holes ...} but I don't
> seem to be able to get the right settings for now. I hope it looks nicer,
> although one might think the Goban belongs to a maniac as it is perfectly
> aligned with the planks and the wall ;o)
> What do you think ?

The floor is MUCH better! Looking at my hardwood floor, I see that there are large
tint variations
within most planks: from golden tan to almost black. Knots are usualy very dark.
Just put a small y rotation to the goban, less than 2 degrees should be OK.

Alain