POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes] : Re: Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes] Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:04:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 bug? [JPG, 800 x 600, 42881 bytes]
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 25 Apr 2005 16:37:51
Message: <426d551f@news.povray.org>
High!

Tim Nikias wrote:

> Then you've got the data in a 2D-Array which you can send over to my MMM.

I replaced my faulty array definition with your code... but, you should
have warned me that parsing would take forever, even on an Athlon 64!
O.k., it obviously doesn't slow down exponentially like with standard
meshes, but after adding a #warning output line to mmm.inc, I found out
that parsing the entire mesh would take almost 20 hours, which is really
too slow for my purposes (you know, animated Khyberspace, riding the
Hindu Kush in virtual hippie buses...).

On the other hand, your include file is intriguing as it seems to be
able to automatically smoothen a mesh...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: Shake off the Ghosts (Simple Minds)