POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:03:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Ross
Date: 22 Apr 2005 18:10:31
Message: <42697657$1@news.povray.org>
"Xplo Eristotle" <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote in message
> Jim Henderson wrote:
>
> > In a group setting, consideration for the majority is the rule of thumb,
> > not consideration for the minority.
>
> You're suggesting that the majority have slow connections. I do not
> believe this to be the case.
>
> -Xplo

You are suggesting that slow connection is the only reason to post
compressed images. It is one valid reason. The other is the owners ask us to
be considerate and post jpegs.

Why not use compression if doing so even at 99% quality reduces the file
size to acceptable size? (acceptable depending on the person viewing, the
image being compressed, etc...)

-r