POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : scenes\interior\media\hollow1.pov oddities (beta2) : Re: scenes\interior\media\hollow1.pov oddities (beta2) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:31:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scenes\interior\media\hollow1.pov oddities (beta2)
From: Slime
Date: 22 Apr 2005 12:27:01
Message: <426925d5$1@news.povray.org>
>   You are right in that a more proper way of doing it would be that
> objects can have their own media regardless of their properties and that
> 'hollow' (or whatever keyword) only says whether *other* medias and
> atmospherical effects get into the object or not.

I agree with this and have been thinking this for a while.

>   I still think it should be changed to something else to avoid
> confusions.
>   How about "allow_atmosphere"?
>   Or "blocks_atmosphere on/off"?

Wouldn't it be more convenient, for the newbie and the experienced user, if
it were on by default (external media was allowed)? Since it's common to
have multiple large media containers in the same scene and expect the medias
to all appear everywhere within their containers. Then the keyword could be
something like "ignore_external_media" or something.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]