POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Magazine Cover : Re: Magazine Cover Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magazine Cover
From: dlm
Date: 22 Apr 2005 08:03:46
Message: <4268e822$1@news.povray.org>
"stm31415" <sam### [at] cscom> wrote in message
>I edit a school literary/art magazine, and this is this years cover. Yay
> heightfields! The water isn't perfect, but I'm not unhappy with it. Any
> thoughts?
>
> -S
> 5TF!

Nice concept!
I find the edge of the water disturbing. Its way too jaggy for the scale.
The edge should be smoothed out - water has more cohesion.
The shadows in the top portion suggest a sheet of water flying over the
surface - not bonded to it.
The foam floating on the surface is nice. It gives it a sense of life.
It just that leading bleeding edge which is overdone.

DLM