POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 21 Apr 2005 18:00:00
Message: <42682260@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:

> When subscribing to a group with a title of 'binaries.animations', it's
> pretty obvious the files are going to be of a significant size.  When
> subscribing to an 'images' group, it's not clear what the average size is.
> I would think that you'd *want* people to be interested in your images,
> not pissed off because it took longer than expected to download them over
> their 26.4Kbps dialup.  I know if I was stuck with a slow dialup (which
> would've been less than 5 years ago), I'd be *very* unhappy with the waste
> of my limited bandwidth.

Cry me a frickin' river. The internet's not a right, it's a privilege
afforded with money. If you can't or won't pay up for a decent
connection, tough.. you get left behind. That's how computing always works.

I'm convinced your argument for consideration really boils down to this:
"I think I'm the only right one, so it's my way or the highway." And you
know what? That's not your decision to make.

-Xplo