POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:06:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Jim Charter
Date: 20 Apr 2005 23:06:22
Message: <426718ae@news.povray.org>
Eric CHAPUZOT wrote:

>>From a technical standpoint, you're right: your post is valid. From a
>>nettiquette standpoint it isn't.
>

> it's what i was saying : " you make your netiquette"
> you don't know what is good but you decide you are right imposing
> restrictions
> knowing that the quality will be necessarly lowest.
> i don't want you and me live in a world at a lowest quality.
> you certainly can't tollerate the sea because you can't empty it with a
> spoon...
>
> now, supports and hard disk are larger and larger ... we have to stop to
> think like having a 20 Mo hard disk, while it is 200 Go and some To for the
> servers...
> we have the freedom then enjoy the freedom and stop to restrict all...

You may have a point.  We encourage you to take others into
consideration, but sure, if you feel that you need only acknowledge the
actual owner if the server as authorized to sanction you, go ahead. And
capacities are generally improving.  You should understand that the
other issue is bandwidth cost, and, equally importantly, download
bandwidth for some visitors.  With an international audience, there are
some visitors who are restricted to low capacity and there is absolutely
nothing they can do about it.  So, as a compromise, it would be very
helpful to post the file size of your attachment in the subject so that
these people can make a reasonable decision about if or when to open the
post.