POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Go Stones (WIP) : Re: Go Stones (WIP) Server Time
9 Aug 2024 08:59:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Go Stones (WIP)
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 20 Apr 2005 14:10:17
Message: <42669b09$1@news.povray.org>
Since this is getting offtopic, I'm setting some new headers...

Marc Jacquier wrote:

>>It's not just you. I imagined the exact same thing, I just couldn't tell
>>it, 'cause I tought someone could blame me being weird :p.
>>

> Oh you are weird indeed!

Darn, I knew that!

> But aren't we all slightly weird here?

Maybe...

BTW, I'm also installing a new workstation here; am thinking to
reallocate this old, slow Opteron-workstation to be a server. I just
compiled Pov to my new machine, and I'll run the benchmark some day. The
machine is extremely cool! It's almost incredible - at specially for
it's price. It's a real, genuine Sun SparcStation5. It has clearly
extremely fast 170MHz MicroSparc CPU, 128MB RAM and two SCSI-harddisks,
which are total 13,6GB is size. It looks great, I'll make it quiet (I
think I'll get rid of the 9,1GB hd) one, and it cost me only 20 euros.
I'm running NetBSD on it right now (compiling aterm).

Don't laugh, I'm serious about this :). Of course, nothing keeps me from
using aerospace (this old, "slow" machnine) as an application server and
using sundance (SparcStation) mostly as an X-terminal.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net