POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : A week's worth of time left : Re: A week's worth of time left Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:11:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A week's worth of time left
From: Bernard Hatt
Date: 20 Apr 2005 12:38:17
Message: <42668579.96317E1E@arkady.demon.co.uk>
Sascha Ledinsky wrote:
> On the other hand, we could agree to vote with 20/20/20, so we'd have
> tree winners (with the best scores of all time) ;-)

It's tempting :-)

> But seriously, I see your point. I'm going to vote this round, and of
> course I'll try to be as objetive as possible, but still: Some panel
> judges would help to get a more balanced vote.
>
> Btw, I think that they devide the accumulated score for each entry by
> the number of votes for that entry, so if you were the only voter there
> would be a div/0 problem.
>
> -sascha

You're right about the algorithm for the scoring, I must have been
having a 'bad math day' when I looked at the results for the last
anim round. (It looks like from the entrants there were 5 voters
(scores divided by 5) and 5 non-voters (divided by 6) and hence one
panel judge).

I am going to vote as well, and at least with the small number of
entries it is possible to look in detail at each one, if not quite
frame by frame ...

Bernard