POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : chocolate cake : Re: chocolate cake Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: chocolate cake
From: Steven Pigeon
Date: 19 Apr 2005 18:45:50
Message: <42658a1e$1@news.povray.org>
I usually use 95% for digital photography, png
for lossless encoding of renders. Here, I'd still
post them as jpg.

But you're right. Some jpg engines are better
than others at the same quality rate (say, comparing
various 95% results for the same picture with
different software.) I would have expected the
quality to be rather similar, but it's not always.

--
Steven Pigeon, Ph. D.
ste### [at] stevenpigeoncom