POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The look-out : Re: The look-out Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:04:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The look-out
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Apr 2005 04:15:00
Message: <4264be04@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> schreef in bericht
> I think this is a really good scene, but the left half of it is lit almost
> completely by ambient lighting and doesn't look so good in my opinion.
With
> all those leaves radiosity might be out of the question, but you might
> experiment with shadowless lights.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Thank you indeed.
Now, you point to something very puzzling and I was waiting for somebody to
point this out. The fact is that there is no ambient lighting "used" there,
at the left, and I am wondering where it comes from. Not from the rock
texturing (no finish); I had also a shadowless light, then commented it out
because I had the impression that it made things worse. Could there be some
freak reflection? I suppose not, though...

Thomas