POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The look-out : Re: The look-out Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The look-out
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Apr 2005 03:36:43
Message: <4263638b@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> schreef in bericht

> > Thought you might be interested in this scene...
> >
> Wow beautifull!
> These are not the Netherlands are they? I consider seeing neither windmill
> nor tulip as a clue ;-)
> My 2 cents: trees are too small for a rain forest and too dense for
savanna,
> maybe it is a transition area?

Thank you, Marc!
No, not NL indeed, although.... have you heard about the "Frisian Alps"?
They appear on bottles of Berenburg (nice drink when you are cold,
especially on a ship in winter).

So, what is this landscape? Indeed, a transition. Trees are concentrated in
the valleys, where the water is. But of course, I did not intend any real
landscape. It is the mood I am interested in.

Thomas