POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a glass... : Re: a glass... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 09:08:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a glass...
From: Ross
Date: 17 Apr 2005 22:39:16
Message: <42631dd4@news.povray.org>
Oskar Bertrand wrote:

> Ross wrote:
>
>> these groups aren't intended to be an archive of perfect images.
>
> Who told you that?
>
>> common courtesy should be enough here. compress.
>
> I'll make a note of that the next time I post on ross.binaries.images
>

> Oskar

from povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions, "Where can I post my binary
or text file?":

"Please consider converting 24-bit bitmap images, such as targas and
Windows .bmp, to JPEG (.jpg) file format which uses a compression
algorithm to reduce the file size considerably. This conserves space on
the news.povray.org server for everyone."

Sure sounds to me like they are asking us to be considerate of others,
nothing more.

-r