POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : DAZ Questions : Re: DAZ Questions Server Time
17 May 2024 03:37:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DAZ Questions
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 17 Apr 2005 19:51:44
Message: <4262f690@news.povray.org>
FlyerX wrote:

> Dave,
>
> The base high resolution models are free at DAZ (Victoria 3 and Michael
> 3). You can get them in the store using paypal. You will not be charged
> and you do not need a paypal account. Also DAZ Studio comes with a low
> resolution version of Victoria 3.
>
> You can go to my site http://user.txcyber.com/~sgalls/ in the links
> section there is a list of freely available (and stand-alone) Poser
> models. Most Poser models work in DAZ Studio.
>
> Right now PoseRay can be used with DAZ Studio to import the geometry and
> materials of a scene into POV-Ray. Make sure you are using the latest
> version of PoseRay and DAZ Studio. Also make sure you read the short
> tutorial in PoseRay's manual.
>
> For free accessories you can go to Renderosity.com and the free section
> at DAZ.
>
> good luck,
>
> FlyerX

Thanks!  I didn't know there were some free test models available (I
would have if I had looked in p.t.poser, I now notice.)

I think that's the best idea -- try some of the free models first, and
see what DAZ Studio can do.  I've already read from many others at these
newsgroups about how great PoseRay is, so I don't think I should have
much trouble between your tutorial and the previously posted tips from
other POVRay users.

Thanks again for the links.

Dave Matthews