POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : a glass... : Re: a glass... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 11:29:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: a glass...
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 17 Apr 2005 18:05:51
Message: <4262ddbf@news.povray.org>
Eric CHAPUZOT wrote:

> i will try, but that's C and i've lot of other programs which are waiting
> for their compiling here...
>
> ... as a lot of people, i look for a reasonable solution to this story of
> pictures.

pngcrush is not the only software that will compress PNGs. Try an
internet search for something that works on your computing platform.

Alternately, using high quality settings with a good JPEG compressor
will give pretty good results, even though the compression is lossy.

I wouldn't worry too much about Zeger's objection, though, since he
seems to be the only one complaining, and I for one don't think he's
being very reasonable.

-Xplo