POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : No lights, no rad... just HDRI reflection [50K] : Re: No lights, no rad... just HDRI reflection [50K] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:08:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No lights, no rad... just HDRI reflection [50K]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 17 Apr 2005 14:24:03
Message: <4262a9c3@news.povray.org>
s.day wrote:
> OK, this may sound like a daft question but what is pre-clipped focal blur.

   It's not a technique, but a basic behavior of the program. See my
last post on p.unofficial.patches, with subject "To clip or not to
clip...". There are also many discussions about this "hot" topic on
these newsgroups: just search for "clipping"...

> Does this improve the speed of renders using focal blur?

   I didn't test it, sorry: I only wanted to get ride of the grainy
results. But I think the speed should be similar with both methods.

--
Jaime