POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : DAZ Questions : DAZ Questions Server Time
17 May 2024 05:55:04 EDT (-0400)
  DAZ Questions
From: Dave Matthews
Date: 16 Apr 2005 20:35:25
Message: <4261af4d@news.povray.org>
I'd like to add some humans to some of my scenes, and I was wondering if
anyone had tried out DAZ enough to form opinions on a couple of
questions, before I spend $100 or more on e-dollies:

1.  I'm not looking to do anything fancy, just stick some stock
(demurely proportioned and clothed) male and female characters into some
of my POVRay scenes.  Does DAZ studio + Poseray (or some other free or
at least substantially cheaper than Poser combination of utilities) work
well enough for general purposes?  I don't think I'd get enough use out
of it to justify a purchase of Poser.

2.  If I purchase 1 male + 1 female DAZ figure, what would be the most
versatile route to go, in terms of models and accessory packages, again,
not making bikini-clad (or less) teen-geek-fantasy manequins, but just
some generic humans in normal clothing?  Are there any morph packages
you'd recommend to create normal-looking adults and children of a
variety of ethnicities?

Thanks for any advice!

Dave Matthews