POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : More HDRI [~2x65k] : Re: More HDRI [~2x65k] Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: More HDRI [~2x65k]
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 16 Apr 2005 15:56:21
Message: <42616de5@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> The first one is testing one of Jaime's new HDR light probe, the other
> the environment from the MegaPOV sample scenes.  The table is using
> blurred reflection (with the average texture trick) which works very
> well but is quite slow (1 hour at this size).

   Lovely blurred reflections... with a bit of banding on the brighter
parts, but nice anyhow. It's a pain it can be made faster...

> The scene contains different objects for radiosity (without reflection,
> refraction using no_reflection and no_image flags) and normal appearence
> (no_radiosity flag) so i don't need a two pass render.  Furthermore i
> tested some new improvements of the radiosity function.

   Very interesting tips... really worth trying this weekend, I think.
:) The rad seems very good, and you don't seem to get the artifacts on
the reflections that I get when using two passes (being the first
without reflective textures).

--
Jaime