POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mosquee with UWA camera : Re: Mosquee with UWA camera Server Time
8 Aug 2024 22:14:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mosquee with UWA camera
From: Lance Birch
Date: 15 Apr 2005 08:56:14
Message: <425fb9ee$1@news.povray.org>
These photos (taken by Ralph Baer) may help as a reference for how the mosque is
constructed:

http://www.pbase.com/rbaer/image/24165516
http://www.pbase.com/rbaer/image/24155758

With something this complex, my suggestion would be to declare groups of objects
that make up the different areas of the mosque (for example, column, centre
dome, mid half dome, lower outer dome, back wall, back wall centre windows) so
that you can hide all areas except the one you want to work on.  This will
greatly increase the test render time and allow you to concentrate on detailing
each particular area in turn.

Also, I'd suggest experimenting with changing the aspect of your image.  Right
now the ratio is 5x4; maybe it would look more dramatic if you made it something
like 2x3 (taller than it is wide).

Lance.

thezone - thezone.firewave.com.au