POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) : Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-)
From: Ross
Date: 14 Apr 2005 16:23:19
Message: <425ed137$1@news.povray.org>
"Steely" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.425e962c30c3f35d23d476c10@news.povray.org...
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> >   Perhaps it's a pain to *you* because you don't know how to do it
> > efficiently?
>
> ...... possible, of course.
>
> >   After all, it just requires a couple of keystrokes.
>
> No, Warp, sorry, but it does *not*.

no? yes it does. i consider Alt-G one keystroke, maybe one and a half. I
consider Alt-Tab, Up, Enter as two. up and enter are so close together, that
it's one action really. So how is it not just a couple of keystrokes?

> As I said, it is neither a matter of

> You know the Alt-G stroke, You might use it when typing at the notebook,
but
> it would never, never, never come to your mind when sitting at the PC.
Why?

right
> arm that a lot of people think this way (I do, of course).

But if your hands are on the keyboard typing POV SDL already, why reach for
the mouse when you can, either A) in POV For Windows Alt-G it, or B) in
Unixland Alt-tab Up Enter?

If I reach for the mouse, i've got to move it around and find an icon to
click. Bleh. Inefficiency! Torment! While typing, the keystrokes are a lot
closer and a lot quicker.

Bahavior and habit is not always something to hang your hat on. What if out
of habit you take a certain course driving home. One day a friend shows you
a shortcut that saves you a gallon of gas per week and has no drawbacks? It
would be pointless to take the old way.

If something improves your workflow why not give it a shot? Old Habits be
damned.