POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) : Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-) Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:03:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Uh, you mean you people actually work like this? ;-)
From: Eero Ahonen
Date: 14 Apr 2005 11:34:41
Message: <425e8d91$1@news.povray.org>
Steely wrote:
> real pain and a nerve to switch hundred times between KEdit and the console
> Window and the POVWin GUI can't be beaten. Tests are (mostly) rendered in

How about screen?

#starting
screen
nano -w reflective_sphere_on_a_checkered_plane.pov
ctrl+a c
povray +Ireflective_sphere_on_a_checkered_plane.pov +D +P +W800 +H600 -A

#from here this is a cycle
ctrl+a space
*editing the code*
ctrl+a space
ctrl+c
up
enter

Besides, you can let the screen running on the machine and log out (with
-D you can let the comp continue rendering) by pressing ctrl+a d (it
resumes with screen -r). You can also use this remotely from another
machine with X.

> low resolution, without AA and time-consuming textures and so on. And THEN,
> when I think everything is ready (mostly I am wrong at this moment) I put
> the whole package on a memory stick and plug it to the Linux machine - and
> there it goes.

Ever tought about a network? Just edit the file in the same shared dir
where you render it on another machine, and you can forget the USB-stick.

--
Eero "Aero" Ahonen
    http://www.zbxt.net