POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Donuts : Re: Donuts Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Donuts
From: Alain
Date: 11 Apr 2005 20:12:21
Message: <425b1265@news.povray.org>
Maurice nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 2005-04-11 11:49:
> Chris wrote:
>
> Very nice work.
>
> One comment: The surface of the donuts is a bit too shiny for my taste.
> It looks quite "plastic". Perhaps you should not use the phong finish?

If using phong, try a smaller value to make the highlight more diffuse.
If using specular, a larger roughness will do the same.
In both cases, you may try with a smaler value to reduce the saturetion of the
highlight.
Anyway, do it to best suit your taste and goal. I've seen donuts with some prety shiny
iceing.

Alain