POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : more leather grain tests : Re: more leather grain tests Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: more leather grain tests
From: Jim Charter
Date: 11 Apr 2005 19:09:46
Message: <425b03ba$1@news.povray.org>
Dave Matthews wrote:

> Girl's gonna fall off her shoes and break an ankle.  (My younger daughter,
> 10 yrs old, wants a pair like that; in a rare show of solidarity, her
> mother and I vetoed the idea.)

"Goth" at 10 years, sounds like trouble. Tattoo? Sounds like my sister's
two girls actually.  My own 12 year old daughter's a jock.  Girly stuff
scares her.

> Anyway, to the topic -- fantastic, as always, and thanks for the code.

This is a variation on the leather texture I put on the Wiki

> Texture makes the image, and it's the thing I have the most difficulty
> with.  Have you published any texture tutorials?  If not, get with it! ;-)

Something that may be needed but a difficult topic to approach in a
general way.  With texture it is very difficult to move seemlessly
between the general and the specific.  That is I believe one of the
difficulties with the endeavor in the wiki to produce a catalog of
textures.  They are so dependent on context.

> Your shoe-modeling tutorial helped my Wings skills immensely.

Thanks for saying so.  And that may provide an approach for doing
something with textures.  Just step through an anecdotal example and the
issues that get touched on, are illustrated, other issues are not.