POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Dreamer : Re: The Dreamer Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Dreamer
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Apr 2005 05:02:27
Message: <4254f723@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> schreef in
bericht news:4254331f@news.povray.org...
> > I like this! Reminds me of the 1920's silent german film, Dr Mabuse if I
> > remember the title correctly.
>
> Don't know that one. Might have to ask some friends if it's a good one. Is
> it?
Yes, it is an interesting example of the german expressionist films of the
time. The story is partly situated in a madhouse and the mental world of a
(criminal) inmate is shown by a warped, strange world, where there are no
right angles and no flat surfaces. I think it was very ahead of its epoch. I
shall look up the exact title and author of the film. I thought perhaps
Murnau, from memory, but I am probably wrong.

> It didn't appeal to me that Wings3D, at the time I tested it, had no
> functional support for POV-Ray. Also, the idea that Nevercenter will
support
> and update the application, along with the attention they pay to
> user-feedback, was very comforting.

Yes indeed.

Thomas