POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Dreamer : The Dreamer Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:23 EDT (-0400)
  The Dreamer
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 5 Apr 2005 17:32:08
Message: <425303d8@news.povray.org>
This image popped into my head one day while during one of my moodswings.

It's modelled entirely in Silo, the subdivision surface modeller I recently
purchased. Several reasons to do so:
1. Gather modelling experience for an upcoming course at the university
2. Achieve more natural shapes for the human
3. Odd angles on the room, table and chair
4. Soft forms on the landscape-model

The lighting, though it might seem like radiosity, is actually a bunch of
arealights to simulate radiosity. Even using high count values and real
detailed settings, I got artifacts which I couldn't smooth away with a
second pass using higher error_bound, so I resorted to arealights. I also
had some more flexibility doing this, throw in some lightgroups and you can
get all the highlighting you want (notably on the human's silhouette and,
though less noticeable, on the landscape to properly light the subsurface
scattering/media effect).

The image might appear a little dark on some monitors, but it is intended
that way. Interpret freely. :-)

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"
Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>