POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2 : Re: Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2 Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:23:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with ASCII matrix read into a mesh2
From: dlm
Date: 2 Apr 2005 10:41:33
Message: <424ebd2d$1@news.povray.org>
Are you sure this isn't the old byte order boondoggle?
From the GeoTiff spec at
http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/spec/geotiff2.3.html#2.3
" It is worth emphasizing here that the TIFF spec indicates that
TIFF-compliant readers shall honor the 'byte-order' indicator, meaning that
4-byte integers from files created on opposite order machines will be
swapped in software, and that 8-byte DOUBLE's will be 8-byte swapped."

DLM