POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : approximating arial perspective with fog : approximating arial perspective with fog Server Time
9 Aug 2024 01:27:51 EDT (-0400)
  approximating arial perspective with fog
From: Abe
Date: 30 Mar 2005 19:56:58
Message: <424b4ada@news.povray.org>
Here is a scene testing (limited) atmospheric perspective effects with
fog. I liked the results, so I thought I'd share the idea.

The goal was to use fog to get the effect of dark elements becoming blue
and ultimately gray with distance. (The complementary reddening of light
elements is unfortunately not handled here). Two fogs are necessary (one
blue and one to achieve the gray color). Since multiple fogs have their
color mixed additively, the more distant color (gray in this case) has
to be set in terms of the sum of the near color and the color of the
second fog.

For this image, two ground fogs were used in order to get a color
gradient for the sky.  Although it is not apparent in this image, the
mountains would effectively transition in color through blue and finally
into gray. The sun glow is a scattering media effect. Total render time
approx 0:01:35.

Abe

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: