POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MegaPOV HDRI tests... : Re: MegaPOV HDRI tests... Server Time
9 Aug 2024 03:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV HDRI tests...
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Mar 2005 11:21:06
Message: <42443a72$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Funny - i have been doing some tests with HDRI the last days as well...

   I'm testing it with all of my previous scenes which are suited for
it... both as HDRI probe or as HDRI target.

> Thanks. ;-)

   No, thanks to you! Specially for the output! I'm even starting to use
it as default output for all my scenes... seems like a good archival
format, being rgbe. With the help of screen.inc, I've done a quick
"hdr-viewer" scene with which I "convert" the .hdr files later to other
formats for viewing. The main advantage is that I can tweak the lighting
intensity later, without having to re-render the scene... thanks!

> The second one looks somewhat dull - is there reflection in the bolts
> texture?

   Yes, there is reflection, but not as much as on the other one. And
also the lighting range on the probe from "thekitchen" is still not very
dynamic... there is excessive light coming from the walls and furniture,
compared with the light intensity from the window.

 > The no_radiosity flag will help to reduce render time when
> combining radiosity with reflection BTW.

   Don't worry, I always save radiosity first with plain pigments: I
even don't remember my last one-pass rendering... :)

--
Jaime